Saybrook Community Capital
Breaking New Ground Across America Since 1999
Saybrook Community Capital (SCC) is a private investment management company that was founded in 1999 by Leigh Austin and Dan Hayes. SCC is nationally recognized as one of the top land bankers for land acquisition and development to the home building industry. SCC has bought, developed and sold more than 14,000 residential lots nationwide in 80 separate transactions and managed over $1.5 billion of capital in its first three funds.
SCC has a consistent management team that has worked together for more than 13 years with direct hands on experience in the acquisition, planning, development, restructuring, repositioning, and disposition of residential land assets and day-to-day management of land owned nationwide. SCC has established strong relationships with an extensive network of homebuilders and lenders, highly qualified local and regional engineers, contractors, brokers, attorneys and land development professionals in each of its markets.
SCC invests in distinctive residential communities in major U.S. markets with a demonstrated demand for new housing. Its' clients are well capitalized public and private home building companies that design and build high quality homes for families across America.
Saybrook Community Capital's Investment Strategy
- Focus on major U.S. housing markets in CA, AZ, NV, OR, WA, TX, MD, PA, DE, and VA with strong historical demand for housing.
- Acquire properties with close proximity to transportation, infrastructure, retail, and employment centers.
- Acquire properties with no material impediments and strong potential for successful subdivision, development, and sale.
- Utilize participating lot option contracts as the primary exit strategy.
- Target communities with a maximum of 200 lots per product type and absorption periods of 18 – 48 months.
- Utilize bank dept with knowledgeable lenders and a "partnership" approach to enhance investment returns.